- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
- Writing and Communication Program
Anna Ioanes studies representations of violence in contemporary American fiction and visual culture to examine the relationship between form, affect, and phenomenology. Her scholarship appears in Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society and the minnesota review. She is co-editor, with Douglas Dowland, of Violent Feelings, a special issue of LIT: Literature Interpretation Theory, as well as co-editor, with Andrew Marzoni, of TECHStyle.
- PhD in English, University of Virginia
- BA in Literature, Duke University
- ENGL-1101: English Composition I
- ENGL-1102: English Composition II
- "Feeling and Form: New Theories of Affect and Aesthetics"
In: minnesota review [Peer Reviewed]
- "Shock and Consent in a Feminist Avant-garde: Kathleen Hanna Reads Kathy Acker"
In: Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society [Peer Reviewed]