- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
- Writing and Communication Program
Ian Afflerbach researches and teaches in twentieth century American literature; modernism and modernist studies; periodical culture; political theory; and the history of ideas. His book project, Liberal Modernism, traces a mutually formative antagonism between literary modernism and American liberal culture from the 1930s through the 1960s. Ian has taught courses on the politics of the twentieth century novel, African-American modernism, and critical theory, His work has appeared in Modern Fiction Studies, Teaching American Literature in Theory and Practice, Notes and Queries, Amerikastudien/American Studies and The Literary Encyclopedia.
- Ph.D. English, University of California, Davis
- B.A. English and Political Science, Wake Forest University
- ENGL-1102: English Composition II